Cook time: 45 mins | | Serves: 6 |
- 1 sheet puff pastry - defrosted
- 3 Granny Smith apples - peeled, cored and thinly sliced ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup Bubbies sauerkraut - drained and chopped
- ⅓ cup toasted walnuts - chopped
- 1 T grated orange zest and juice
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Freshly ground nutmeg
- ⅓ cup tart dried cherries (cranberries or raisins)
- 2 T melted butter
- Heat oven to 400. To make 4 individual tarts, unroll the defrosted pastry onto a parchment lined baking sheet and cut into 4 equal sections.
- Take a small paring knife and lightly score ½ inch from the edge around the perimeter of each piece, making sure not to cut all the way through. This will give a nice edge to each tart. Place pastry in refrigerator while preparing ingredients.
- Prepare all ingredients and toss together in a bowl except for the butter. Melt the butter. Remove the pastry from the frige.
- Layer the apple mixture onto each pastry. Brush the top of the apples and crust with butter and sprinkle with a bit more sugar.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until golden and crispy. Serve warm.