Bacon and Sauerkraut Frittata| | | Print
Prep time: 10 mins |Cook time: 20 mins |Total time: 30 mins |Serves: 4-5 |
- 1 cup bacon (3-4 pieces)
- 1 small purple onion
- ½ cup Bubbies Naturally Fermented Spicy Sauerkraut
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 8 eggs
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Cook bacon in a skillet on medium high heat for 5-7 minutes until done. Place on paper towel and set aside.
- In the same skillet, cook garlic, mushrooms and herbs over medium-high heat for 5 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, crack eggs and whisk well with water or milk. Add bacon, cheese, onion and mushroom mixture to the eggs and combine well.
- Pour mixture into oven-safe pie pan or casserole dish. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until center has set.
- Serve topped with fresh sauerkraut.