Bacon Stuffed Mushrooms
Cook time: 40 mins | | Serves: 6-8 |
- 1.5 pounds cremini or button mushrooms - stems removed and chopped
- 2 pieces bacon or pancetta - chopped
- 1 shallot - minced
- 2 garlic cloves - minced
- 2 T Bubbies Prepared Horseradish
- 1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs or panko
- 1 tsp sage - minced
- 2 T butter or bacon drippings
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 375. Clean mushrooms, remove stems and arrange them on a baking sheet lined with parchment.
- Finely chop stems and 3 mushrooms. In a heavy skillet cook bacon until crisp. In same skillet using bacon drippings (or butter) saute’ shallot and garlic for a few minutes, add sage breadcrumbs, horseradish, salt and pepper and cook 2 more minutes.
- Remove from heat, add bacon and parmesan - taste and adjust seasoning.
- Lightly brush each mushroom with a bit of olive oil then spoon filling into each cavity. Bake for 20-25 minutes until topping is golden. Place on warm platter and serve.