Bavarian-Style Naturally Fermented Sauerkraut| | | Print
Prep time: 5 mins |Cook time: 40 mins |Total time: 45 mins |
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 / 2 medium onion, diced
- 2 cups Bubbies Naturally Fermented Sauerkraut, drained
- 2 Fuji apples, cored and diced
- 1 cup Riesling, or other sweet white wine
- 1 tablespoon juniper berries
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan. Sauté onion until soft and translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the naturally fermented sauerkraut, apples, wine, and juniper berries. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 30-40 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.