Bratwurst with Bubbies Pickle Relish
Prep time: 10 mins |Cook time: 10 mins |Total time: 20 mins
- 4 Bratwurst or other sausages
- 4 hot dog buns - toasted
- 1 onion - sliced 1/4 inch
- 1 red pepper - sliced 1/4 inch
- bacon - 2 pieces cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup Bubbies Kosher Dill Relish
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- dash of hot sauce
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- In a medium skillet - saute onion and peppers in olive oil over medium heat with a pinch of salt - stirring occasionally until caramelized, add 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar and cook 2 more minutes. Remove from heat and place into a bowl and set aside.
- Cook Bratwurst in the same skillet over medium heat - add olive oil, Bratwurst and 1-2 tablespoons of water to hot pan - cook turning occasionally until brown and cooked through - about 5-7 minutes. Set aside.
- Cook bacon and crumble into small pieces. In a small bowl mix together mayonnaise, mustard, ketchup, a pinch of salt and pepper, a dash of hot sauce.
- To serve: Spread mayonnaise mixture on toasted buns, then Bratwurst, a spoonful or two of onion/pepper mixture, finally a sprinkling of bacon bits and a heaping tablespoon or two of pickle relish. Serves 2-4.