Bubbies Pancetta Burger
Total time: 45 mins | Serves: 4 |
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (preferably homemade aioli)
- 2 tablespoons Bubbies Kosher Dill Relish
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Bubbies Horseradish
- Olive oil
- 2 onions, halved and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 4 thin slices pancetta
- 1 1/4 lbs of ground beef chuck 80/20
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4-6 leaves butter lettuce
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced
- 4 slices aged white cheddar
- 4 soft hamburger buns, toasted
- To make Bubbies Special Sauce, in a small bowl combine mayo, relish, minced garlic, ketchup, and horseradish. Refrigerate until ready to serve., In a heavy skillet over medium heat, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add onions and cook for about 5 minutes. Add a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Turn down heat and continue to cook until nicely caramelized, about 15 more minutes. About halfway through, add 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar. Set aside to cool.
- Cook pancetta to desired crispness; reserve drippings and set aside.
- In a bowl mix beef with crushed garlic, salt, and pepper. Mix just a few times to incorporate. Don’t over mix.