Candied Sauerkraut Truffles
Total time: 60 mins | Serves: 6 |
- ½ cup Bubbies Naturally Fermented Sauerkraut
- ¼ cup sugar
- 8 ounces dark chocolate - chopped or chips
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder - optional
- Measure ½ cup of sauerkraut and drain well, then squeeze sauerkraut with your hands to remove most of the remaining brine.
- Put sauerkraut into a bowl with sugar and toss until sauerkraut is completely covered., Place sugared sauerkraut on a parchment-lined baking sheet and place in a 400-degree oven until sauerkraut is caramelized and golden, about 4-7 minutes. Keep a close eye on it as it can darken quickly., Let it cool while making ganache: Bring cream to a simmer in a small saucepan. Remove from heat and stir in chocolate until smooth. Pour chocolate mixture into an 8-inch glass baking dish and let sit for 8-10 minutes., Chop cooled candied sauerkraut and stir into chocolate. Cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator until chilled, about 20-30 minutes.
- Using a 1-inch ice cream scoop, melon baller, or tablespoon, scoop chocolate into balls. Optional: Roll in cocoa powder, and shake off excess. Makes 20 - 25 truffles.