Creamy Dill Potato Soup
Total time: 45 mins | Serves: 4-6 |
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 5 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 5 large Bubbies Kosher Dill Pickles, about 2 cups, chopped
- ⅔ cup pickle brine
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and cut into ½ inch cubes
- 1 cup sour cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh dill to garnish
- Melt butter in a large pot, and sauté onion until translucent.
- Stir in broth, pickles, pickle brine, and potatoes. Bring to boil, reduce heat, and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender, or transfer to a blender, and blend until smooth. Add sour cream and stir until creamy. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with a pickle slice and some fresh dill.