Maple Sweet Potato and Chorizo Hash
Total time: 25 mins | Serves: 4 |
- 2 small sweet potatoes, cleaned and cubed
- 2 small russet potatoes, cleaned and cubed
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2-3 links smoked chorizo sausage, sliced (about 1 ½ -2 cups)
- 1 ½ cups Bubbies Naturally Fermented Spicy Sauerkraut
- 4 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cube potatoes and toss with olive oil, maple syrup, and salt. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet in oven for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- In a large cast-iron or oven-safe skillet, sauté onion in olive oil for 5-8 minutes until caramelized. Add sausage and sauté 5-8 more minutes.
- When potatoes are done, add to pan with onions, and sausage. Mix in 1 cup sauerkraut. Crack 4 eggs into pan, then place in middle of oven with broiler on for 5 minutes until eggs are cooked. Top with the remaining fresh spicy sauerkraut and serve.