Naturally Fermented Sauerkraut Brownies| | | Print
Prep time: 15 mins |Cook time: 40 mins |Total time: 55 mins |
- 3/4 cup salted butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup flour, plus 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups Bubbies Naturally Fermented Sauerkraut
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- *use gluten free all purpose flour and vegan butter for an allergen friendly version.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 9x9 baking pan with cooking spray, or coat with butter or cooking oil. In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in sugar until blended, about 2 minutes, remove from heat and beat in eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. In a medium bowl mix the flour and cocoa together, add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, stirring until combined. Drain and squeeze Bubbies naturally fermented sauerkraut until the water is removed. Chop sauerkraut finely. Mix the sauerkraut into the batter. Stir in the nuts and chocolate chips. Spread the mixture into the prepared pan. Bake 40 minutes. Let cool before cutting.