Cook time: 60 mins | | Serves: 6-8 |
- 10 medium russet potatoes - peeled and cubed
- 1 lb of sharp cheddar, grated
- 3 sticks butter (2 for onions and 1 for potatoes)
- 3 large onions, diced
- 1 box of lasagna noodles
- 1 cup milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ jar of Bubbies Naturally Fermented Sauerkraut
- Brown onions in 2 sticks of butter. Cook until caramelized.
- Peel and boil potatoes. Drain water and set aside in bowl.
- Cook lasagna noodles until almost done.
- Mash potatoes in a mixer with milk, salt and pepper to taste. Add cheese to mash andcontinue to mix. Add ⅓ of the onion mixture to mash.
- Spoon enough of the onion mixture onto a casserole dish to coat the bottom. Place a layer of lasagna noodles then a layer of potato mixture and a generous layer of sauerkraut.
- Repeat this again and end with a layer of noodles on top. Pour remaining onion mixture over the top.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 30 min. Remove and let sit for 15 min before serving.