Potato Salad with Smoked Salmon
Cook time: 35 mins | | Serves: 4 |
- 1.5 pounds new potatoes
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 6-8 ounces smoked salmon
- arugula or other greens to serve
- pickled red onion - garnish
- fresh dill - garnish
- 1 T fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 2-3 T Bubbies horseradish
- 1 T red wine vinegar
- 2 T capers - drained
- 2 T fresh dill - chopped
- 1/4 cup creme fraiche
- 3 T olive oil
- Toss potatoes with olive oil, salt and pepper and roast in a 400 oven for 20-25 minutes.
- In a bowl combine lemon juice, zest, horseradish, vinegar, capers. Whisk in olive oil andcreme fraiche’. Add pinch of salt and freshly ground pepper. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Remove potatoes from oven and let cool 5-8 minutes. Arrange smoked salmon on a platter, add a loose layer of greens over salmon. In a bowl toss potatoes with a good portion of the dressing.
- Arrange potatoes on greens and salmon. Drizzle with a bit more dressing and garnish with dill and pickled red onion.