Pulled Pork Sliders
Total time: 240 mins | Serves: 7-10 |
- 3-pound boneless pork roast, marinated overnight
- 1 small napa cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 cups Bubbies Bread & Butter Pickles
- 12-15 small slider buns, toasted
- 2 cups water or stock
Rub for Pork:
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup citrus juice (orange, lemon, or lime)
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried mustard powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 cup minced onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Combine all ingredients for the rub and rub onto pork. Place in plastic ziplock bag and refrigerate overnight or 4-6 hours. Set pork on the counter for 1-2 hours before cooking.
- Heat oven to 300 degrees. Over high heat, heat olive oil in an enamel or heavy stock pot with lid, and sear all sides of pork well. Add the stock to pork. Cover and place in oven for 3-4 hours until pork easily pulls apart. If you have an Instant Pot you can cook the pork in 1 - 1/2 hours.
- While the pork is cooking, prepare the BBQ sauce: Combine all sauce ingredients in a small pan and simmer for 15 minutes. Puree with an immersion blender.
- To serve, combine pork and half the sauce. Toast buns. Put small amount of cabbage on bottom of each bun and spoon pulled pork over cabbage. Add bread and butter pickles. Top with bun and serve, with extra sauce on the side.