Total time: 40 mins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 3/4 cup chopped corned beef or diced ham
- 1/3 cup well-drained Bubbies Naturally Fermented Sauerkraut
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons cream to brush on tops of biscuits
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Lightly grease a baking sheet or line it with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar.
- Cut butter into flour using a pastry cutter or fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Mix in cheese, meat, and sauerkraut until evenly distributed. In a separate bowl, whisk together sour cream and milk and stir into dough. Note that dough will be sticky.
- Drop dough by 1/4-cupfuls onto prepared baking sheet, keeping biscuits about 1 inch apart. You can also press dough into a large round about 1 inch thick and use a 3-inch biscuit cutter to make evenly round biscuits.
- Brush biscuits with cream. Bake for 22 to 24 minutes, until golden brown.