Reuben Sauerkraut Biscuits| | | Print
Prep time: 20 mins |Cook time: 25 mins |Total time: 45 mins |
- 2 Cups all purpose flour
- ¾ Teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 2 Teaspoons sugar
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled
- 1 Cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 3/4 Cup chopped corn beef or diced ham
- 1/3 Cup well-drained Bubbies Naturally Fermented Sauerkraut
- 1/4 Cup sour cream
- 1/2 Cup milk
- 2 Tablespoons cream to brush tops of biscuits
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and lightly grease a baking sheet, or line it with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar.
- Cut the butter into the flour using a pastry cutter or fork until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Mix in the cheese, meat, and naturally fermented sauerkraut until evenly distributed.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the sour cream and milk and stir into the dough. Note that the dough will be sticky.
- Drop the dough by the 1/4-cupful onto the prepared baking sheet keeping the biscuits about 1 apart.
- Brush the biscuits with the cream to help them brown and bake for 22 to 24 minutes, until they're golden brown.