Turkey Taco Salad
Cook time: 30 mins | | Serves: 3-4 |
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 small can of sliced olives
- 1 red or orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 head of butter lettuce
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 teaspoons of taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1.5 tablespoons of salsa verde
- ½ cup spicy sauerkraut
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ⅛ cup of apple cider vin
- ¼ cup Cilantro, finely chopped
- To make the dressing, add salsa verde, olive oil, apple cider vinegar and half the chopped cilantro to a small mason jar and shake well, refrigerate.
- To prepare the meat, place ground turkey in a frying pan on medium heat. Add taco seasoning and salt and cook until lightly browned. Turn off heat and let meat cool to room temp.
- Place canned beans in a small saucepan and cook on low. Turn off heat and let cool toroom temp.
- Prepare your fresh ingredients and place in a large serving bowl.
- Toss in meat and beans with the dressing, then garnish with remaining cilantro, sauerkraut and sliced avocado.
- Serve with tortilla chips.