Recipes from Bubbie's Kitchen
Mini Lobster Rolls
Total time: 40 mins | Serves: 4-6 |
- 1 large or two small lobster tails, about 12 ounces total
- 4-6 mini brioche buns
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Bubbies Spicy Horseradish
- 1 teaspoon Bubbies Kosher Dill Pickle brine
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup celery from an inside tender stalk
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1-2 drops hot sauce
- Pinch of salt
- Place a medium pot fitted with a steamer and lid on stove with 2-3 inches of water. Bring to boil. Steam lobster tails for 5-7 minutes until meat is opaque and plump.
- Remove and rinse under cold water. With kitchen shears, cut down the front of the shell to release the meat. Chop lobster meat into chunks, and set aside to cool., In another bowl mix mayonnaise, horseradish, pickle brine, herbs, salt, and hot sauce. Gently mix in lobster. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and toast the outside top and bottom of each bun, leaving the inside soft and ready to hold the lobster mixture., Spoon a few tablespoons of lobster into each bun and serve.