Recipes from Bubbie's Kitchen
Veggie and Sauerkraut Quesadillas with Vegan Cheese
Prep time: 10 mins |Cook time: 25 mins | Total time: 35 mins | Serves: 4
- 8 grain-free tortillas
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup red onion diced
- 1 large zucchini diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 cup Bubbies Spicy Sauerkraut
- 1 cup raw cashews soaked in hot water for at least 2 hours then drained
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic
- 1/4 tsp salt
- For topping: Sliced jalapeño, avocado, and cilantro
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend on high until smooth, about 2-3 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large skillet heat coconut oil over medium heat, then add the garlic, red onion, zucchini, and pepper.
- Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until softened but still a bit crisp.
- Remove from the skillet into a medium size bowl.
- Mix the veggies with the Bubbies Sauerkraut.
- Clean out the skillet then grease with additional coconut oil and return to medium heat.
- Spread a scoop of cashew cheese over a tortilla, then add a large scoop of the sauerkraut mixture.
- Spread a bit of cashew cheese over another tortilla and then place the tortillas together as if making a sandwich.
- Fry for about 2-3 minutes on each side, or until crispy. Repeat with the rest of the tortillas, adding more oil as needed.
- Serve topped with Sliced jalapeño, avocado, and cilantro.