Recipes from Bubbie's Kitchen
Gluten-Free Artichoke and Veggie Quiche with Bubbies Sauerkraut
Prep time: 10 mins |Cook time: 45 mins | Total time: 55 mins | Serves: 6
- 1 cup cassava flour
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 small white onion thinly sliced
- 1 cup canned artichoke hearts drained
- 1 cup of Bubbies Sauerkraut, drained
- 1 small zucchini thinly sliced
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut or almond milk
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley, 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F and grease a 9-inch pie pan. In a medium bowl combine coconut oil and flour in a bowl and cut with a fork until crumbly.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and stir well to combine.
- Allow to sit for 5 minutes to absorb and add additional water if needed.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- In a medium-sized bowl whisk together eggs, coconut milk, basil, parsley, and salt.
- Place oil in a 9 or 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and garlic and sauté for 4-5 minutes.
- Add zucchini to the skillet and sauté for 2-3 minutes until cooked
- Distribute the veggie mixture evenly throughout the prepared crust, layering the artichoke hearts in.
- Pour the eggs into the crust over the vegetables.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the egg mixture is set.