Recipes from Bubbie's Kitchen
Late Summer Gazpacho
Prep time: 15 mins | Total time: 60-120 mins | Serves: 2-4
- 3 pounds ripe heirloom tomatoes, seeds and cores removed
- ½ English hothouse cucumber, peeled and seeded
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded
- ¼ cup shallot, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, plus more to drizzle as a garnish
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ½ cup Bubbie’s Baby Kosher Dill Pickles, sliced, to garnish
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved, to garnish
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves, to garnish
- Add summer gazpacho ingredients to a high-speed blender: heirloom tomatoes, cucumber, red bell pepper, shallot, red wine vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, and sea salt.
- Blend on highest speed until completely smooth and creamy, about 30 seconds.
- Pour gazpacho through a fine-mesh sieve into a large bowl or jar. Discard seeds and pulp from fine-mesh sieve.
- Cover gazpacho and let chill in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
- Serve gazpacho garnished with cherry tomatoes, sliced Bubbie’s pickles, and fresh basil leaves. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper.