Recipes from Bubbie's Kitchen
Cook time: 30 mins | | Serves: 4 |
- 1 pound ground pork sausage
- 1 onion - chopped
- 2 garlic cloves - chopped
- 1 carrot - chopped
- 1 celery - chopped
- 1 small fennel bulb - chopped (about 1 cup)
- 6 ounces mushrooms - sliced
- 2 cups Bubbies Naturally Fermented Spicy Sauerkraut
- 1 can diced tomatoes in juice - 14.5 ounces
- 4-5 cups chicken stock
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- In large stock pot over medium heat add 1 tablespoon olive oil and cook pork until almost done.
- Add onion, garlic, carrot, celery, fennel and mushrooms and pinch of salt and cook for until vegetables are softened - about 5-7 minutes.
- Add diced tomatoes with juice and chicken stock, cover and simmer for 15 minutes untilvegetables are done.
- Add sauerkraut and taste. Adjust as needed.