Recipes from Bubbie’s Kitchen
French Dip Sandwiches with Sauerkraut
Cook time: 180 mins | | Serves: 6 |
- 4-5 pounds chuck roast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 6 hoagie rolls
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 12 slices Provolone Cheese
- ½ jar Bubbies Naturally Fermented Sauerkraut
- 6 french rolls
- In a large dutch oven, or if you have an instant pot add the oil and heat on medium high.
- Add the Kosher salt and pepper to your chuck roast. Brown meat well on both sides.
- Add the beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, bay leaf and onions.
- Cook in oven or stove top for 3 hours or until meat easily pulls apart. Follow Instant Pot directions for meat.
- Remove the meat, place in large bowl or cutting and pull apart or slice.
- To assemble, butter your hoagie rolls and toast.
- Top each roll with meat, provolone and sauerkraut.
- In a small bowl add a cup of the liquid from the slow cooker and dip the sandwich in the bowl.