Recipes from Bubbie's Kitchen
Roasted Caprese Open-Faced Sandwiches
Prep time: 25 mins | | Serves: 4-5
- 4-5 slices of sourdough bread
- 2 pints assorted tomatoes
- 1 large Bubbies Kosher Dill Pickle, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4th cup mayo
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4th tsp pickle juice
- 1/4th tsp paprika
- Topped with: small bundle of basil, lemon zest, shredded parmesan salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. In a baking tray or pan, add in your tomatoes with a drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Roast for 40-1 hr until charred and bursted throughout.
- In the meantime, make your aioli by mixing your chopped pickle, garlic, mayo, lemon juice, lemon zest, pickle juice, paprika and salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Next, heat your bread with olive oil on a skillet. Once your bread is toasted, remove.
- When your tomatoes are ready, begin to assemble by placing your spread over the toasted bread, then your roasted tomatoes, sprinkling on a ton of shredded parmesan, basil and lemon zest. Serve.