Recipes from Bubbie’s Kitchen
Festive Crab Dip
Total time: 30 mins | Serves: 6 |
- 10-12 ounces fresh crab meat, cleaned
- 3 tablespoons Bubbies Spicy Horseradish
- ⅓ cup shallot, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup Gruyére cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cut into small cubes
- ½ cup half-and-half
- ½ teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup panko crumbs
- ¼ cup fresh chives, chopped
- Pinch of salt and freshly ground pepper
- Gather all ingredients, then clean the crab. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium saucepan melt 2 tablespoons butter and saute the shallot and garlic for 2-3 minutes. Add Old Bay seasoning, then slowly add half-and-half and cream cheese cubes, whisking until incorporated.
- Turn off heat and mix in Gruyére cheese until melted. Add horseradish, mustard, hot sauce, and freshly squeezed lemon juice., Add crabmeat and 2 tablespoons chives. Taste and adjust to desired taste. Transfer mixture to an ovenproof baking dish and sprinkle with panko., Place small pieces of the remaining tablespoon of butter around the top of the bread crumbs. Bake about 20 minutes until top is golden brown.
- Garnish with remaining chives and serve warm with fresh bread, crostini, crackers or fresh vegetables.