Recipes from Bubbie’s Kitchen
Fresh Corn Fritters
Total time: 40 mins | Serves: 6 |
- 2 cups fresh or frozen (thawed) corn
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup Bubbies Kosher Dill Relish, drained of brine
- 2 tablespoons créme fraiche
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup red pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 Heirloom tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- ½ cup homemade aioli or mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut tomatoes in half and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet with garlic cloves; drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool. Remove skins from tomatoes and place in a bowl with garlic, basil, mayonnaise and lemon juice.
- Use immersion blender to blend until smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary, then refrigerate.
- Combine corn, eggs, relish, crème fraiche, scallions, red pepper, cornmeal, and flour together. In a heavy skillet heat olive oil. Spoon batter into skillet, 2-3 tablespoons per corn cake. Cook until golden brown on each side, about 3-4 minutes per side.