Recipes from Bubbie's Kitchen
Bread & Butter Burger Bites
Prep time: 10 mins |Cook time: 20 mins |Total time: 30 mins
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 TBsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg
- 4 crackers
- 1 clove of garlic
- 15 1x1x.25 inch squares of cheddar or other cheese
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 15 Bubbies Bread and Butter Pickles (or sliced Kosher dills if you prefer)
- 1 head of butter lettuce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix ground beef, crushed crackers, egg, spices, and Worcestershire sauce until all ingredients are blended.
- Form beef mixture into 1 inch balls; line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and then spray with cooking oil.
- Place meatballs approximately 1-1.2 inches apart, and bake for 15-18 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place a slice of cheese on each meatball. Set aside to cool, approx 5 minutes.
- Slice cherry tomatoes in half
- Pat bread and butter pickles lightly with a paper towel.
- Tear pieces of the butter lettuce and fold into 1-inch squares.