Recipes from Bubbie's Kitchen
Creamy Horseradish Elote
Prep time: 10 mins |Cook time: 10 mins | Total time: 20 mins | Serves: 5-7
- 5-7 fresh corn on the cob
- 1/2 cup cotija cheese, grated
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
Ingredients for Horseradish Sauce
- 1/4 cup Prepared Horseradish
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil water in a large stockpot.
- Remove corn from husks and rinse off fibers.
- Place corn in boiling water and boil for approx. 10 minute or until corn begins to soften.
- Remove corn from water and set aside.
- Fire up the BBQ and bring it to an internal temperature of 400 degrees.
- While BBQ is heating, prepare your Creamy Horseradish sauce by combining sauce ingredients until they are well incorporated. Set aside.
- Grill corn on the cob until tips become slightly blackened, about 15 minutes. Wrap in foil.
- Smother each corn on the cob with horseradish cream and sprinkle with cotija, paprika powder and cilantro. Serve hot.